With a busy lifestyle, the skin is exposed to a lot of pollutants, and as a result, it comes up with many skin problems, so performing a good skincare routine is very important. While talking about skincare, scrubbing is a primary method to eliminate the dead and dull skin, dirt, and excess oil from the skin. There are a lot of ready-made products available in the market for scrubbing. Picking up a natural homemade face scrub leads to low cost and good care of your skin. The right kind of homemade face scrub recipe can leave your skin bright, smooth and glowing. Here is a brief discussion you should know about easy homemade face scrub to get it right every time.
- Why scrubbing?
Did you know your skin naturally sheds your dead skin approximately every 30 days to make space for new and healthy skin? Sometimes these dead skins are stuck into your skin pores and make your face look dull. This is where the scrub comes to play its role. It removes all that dirt and dead skin from your pores, brightens up your skin, and even gives the skin good blood circulation.
- The method of scrubbing
There are two types of scrubbing methods: physical scrubbing and chemical scrubbing. Physical scrubbing is the best one to go with some natural ingredients. The chemical scrubbing usually goes with chemicals like alpha hydroxy acid, beta hydroxy acid, etc., to dissolve with the dead skin and exfoliate it. The chemical scrubbing might lead to irritation or skin allergy, while physical scrubbing is an easy method for skincare.
- Homemade natural scrubs
Natural ingredients are just as good as mothers’ care while adding them to the skincare routine. While talking about the best homemade face scrub, everybody follows the homemade face scrub recipes guided by their mothers and grandmothers who are using natural products, and that works. These easy homemade face scrubs are just cost-effective with infrequent side effects.
Curious to read the top 10 facts and tips about skin care that will blow your mind? Unfold the best tips here!
- How to make homemade face scrubs?
The kitchen in a house is the treasure of all secret skincare ingredients. While heading to make the best homemade face scrub, you can find all sorts of things right there. Using these products, you can easily make face scrubs that give the skin a natural glow, rejuvenate and make you feel fresh and revive. Here are some best ingredients which will help you to make natural homemade face scrub at home.
Here are eight main ingredients that help to make some easy homemade face scrub.
- Coffee is a readily available ingredient rich in antioxidants that fight against free radicals and prevents skin aging. The caffeine present in coffee improves the blood flow, reduces fine lines to the skin, and leaves it too bright and radiant. It also helps repair the skin damaged by UV rays and remove suntans, dark spots, and pigmentation.
- Some carrier elements mix with coffee to make it into a good scrub.
- You can add one tablespoon of coffee with some sugar and tiny drops of coconut oil to make it into a fine paste. Then apply them to your face and scrub them gently. It will exfoliate all the dead skin and lead it to smooth radiant and flawless skin.
- Firstly, mix one tablespoon of coffee with one tablespoon of finely grounded sugar. Then two tablespoons of aloe vera gel are added to it and made into a paste. Apply this paste on your face. The goodness of coffee, along with aloe vera, leaves a plump and youthful skin.
- Take two tablespoons of coffee and mix it with four tablespoons of whole milk. Make a paste and apply it to your face. It will absorb the goodness of milk and coffee and remove all the dead cells from the skin.
- Coffee and honey are also good to get an easy face scrub with the effect of honey to get a free youthful skin.
- Sugar is an excellent ingredient for a topical exfoliant. It is used in different face scrubs to make it suitable to go.
- One tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with two tablespoons of sugar makes an excellent scrub to moisturize the face skin.
- Honey, lemon juice, and sugar is a good combination for making a facial scrub.
- Lemon, honey, and sugar scrub is a DIY homemade scrub to give the skin natural antioxidants and moisturization.
- Gram-flour is a good kitchen ingredient for scrubbing. Add some milk or rose water to paste and apply it as the best homemade face scrub.
- Gram-flour mixed with yogurt can lead to a good face scrub.
Oatmeal is a good source of different health effects. Oatmeal mixed with honey and olive oil can become a good face scrub to get glowing skin.
- Oatmeal and ripe bananas can be a good scrub that helps to fight against pigmentation. Take some soaked oats and add some pieces of ripe banana. Apply it on the face by making a fine paste and leave it for some time and scrub gently to get pigmentation-free skin.
- Oats mixed with milk can also be a scrub.
Green tea is a good source of antioxidants and anti-aging properties. Green tea mixed with sugar, honey, and coconut oil can become a good scrub.
You can apply the soaked green tea to the face and scrub it gently to get radiant skin.
Tomato is a good fruit that removes tan and sunburn from the face. A half-cut tomato with some grain of sugar on it is an easy and great scrub for the face. Rubbing it on the front will get good blood circulation and give the skin a glow.
Rice is a good source of minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids. It prevents the skin from rapid aging. Rice is the secret beauty ingredient for Japanese and Korean skincare.
- Mixing rice flour with water can be the most effortless scrub.
- Mix the rice flour with honey and rose water to make it an okay pest, then apply it on the face by gently scrubbing. This scrub will give a fairy rosy glow to the skin.
Aloe vera is known as the queen of all the beautiful ingredients. It gives the skin a youthful glow while preventing infection, irritation, and skin pigmentation.
- Prepare a mixture of one tablespoon baking soda and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply on the whole face, leave it for five minutes and then scrub gently and wash them off. It is a soothing scrub for every type of skin.
- Like sugar, salt also has excellent exfoliating properties. Aloe vera mixture with some sugar and some salt can also be a good scrub.
- Mixing two tablespoons of Fuller earth with some aloe vera gel and some drops of rose water or any essential oil can be a great scrub. The fuller’s earth reduces the rashes, gets rid of tan, and leaves a soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
Besides all these main ingredients, there are also some homemade DIY that gives excellent and easy scrubs.
Know the best 5 tips regarding skincare here! Don’t reveal this to anyone! Shhh!
Steps of scrubbing
Getting a good and natural scrub is not enough if you don’t know the right step to use this.
- Before applying any scrub on your face, the face should be clean to absorb all the goodness of the ingredients. So it would be best if you cleansed your face with a good cleanser or washed the face with a good quality face wash to get it clean.
- While applying the scrub paste to your face, you should use a brush instead of a hand. Otherwise, you have to wash your hands correctly.
- You have to leave the scrub on your face for some time, but don’t let it too dry. It will break your skin.
- It would be best if you gently scrub your face both clockwise and counterclockwise. Don’t rub your face so fast, and it will lead to irritation and redness.
- Always apply a good moisturizer after scrubbing because it will heal the damaged area.
Some important tips for face scrub
Whether natural or chemical products, you should take a patch test while it comes to applying anything on your face. Because facial skin is more sensitive than other body parts’ skin, entirely all products are good to go for normal and oily skin. But if you come with dry skin you have to be a little careful while choosing the ingredients. It may leave the skin with more redness, dryness, and irritation to the skin.
FAQs for Homemade Face Scrub
- How much should I scrub my face?
Over-exfoliation is a big skincare mistake that most anyone makes. We stop scrubbing too regularly either with a harsh scrub inside or get off of dry, dry skin. Scrub over three times a week affects the skin’s top layer, which acts as a covering.
- Are there any adverse effects to using homemade scrubs?
If your skin is sensitive, over-the-counter scrubs with mineral oils, synthetic materials, or chemicals could be harmful. Scrubs made with natural ingredients and sugar, salt, oils, and honey are also the best.
- I have dry, acne-prone skin, so recommend any scrubs?
Acne-prone skin releases dead cells more rapidly than normal skin, leading to pimples and whiteheads. Oatmeal is the best face scrub component, and it is good for the skin but does not dry it out. Sugar is also used, so it dissolves fast and helps to clean your cells deeply.
Women are more concerned about their skin and beauty than men. From that very past time, some mothers and grandmothers have had secret beauty recipes from the kitchen. Following their path for choosing an excellent and easy natural homemade face scrub is super simple.
With the help of some readily available ingredients and simple steps, you are good to make a quick homemade scrub. This power pack of natural homemade scrub is significantly less in cost and without any side effects. Homemade ingredients are the best way to buy beauty products and get a natural result.