Lash extensions are a great way to achieve a beautiful look. Furthermore, they glam up your face without taking extra attention to yourself. They are useful and make your beauty routines easier.
Are you wondering how to clean eyelash extensions at home? Then this blog post is definitely going to be for you as it guides you on how to clean eyelash extensions in different ways, so keep reading to make your eye extension like a new one.
Clean eyelash extensions last longer and, more importantly, keep your eyes healthy. However, eyelash extensions are difficult to clean. The lash line collects dirt, including cosmetics, oil, and dead skin. In a mirror, you won’t be able to see the dirt. Without a magnifying glass, eyelash dirt and dust are unstoppable. But if you are wondering how to clean eyelash extensions here, I have compiled different top techniques along with how often to clean eyelash extensions.
Know All About How To Clean Eyelash Extension
Eyelash extensions can completely transform your beauty routine. With the perfect eyelash extension, you can wash your face and head out the door, with no eye makeup required but If you don’t have an eyelash extension, you have to wake up tired and bleary-eyed and have to grab a curler and many coats of mascara to get the perfect look before going out.
The considerable lift and length of extensions give us a wide-awake look. With eyelash extensions, you wake up, and you’re ready to go. But the question is how to clean eyelash extensions and care for them.
While eyelash extensions can save you the time and work of applying strip lashes or mascara, they aren’t a fully hands-off solution. You’ll have to do more than wash your face every day to keep them clean.
If you are not sure about looking after and maintaining eyelash extensions, one-time lashes and related products will be the best choice for you to buy! Check out this collection and I’m sure you will like it!
According to an eye health expert, here’s why and how to clean eyelash extensions including various techniques like:
- How to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water,
- How to clean lash extensions without cleanser,
- How to wash eyelash extensions in shower,
- How to clean lash extensions without lash shampoo,
- How to clean eyelash extensions with baby shampoo,
- How often to clean eyelash extensions,
- How to clean eyelash glue off lashes.
1. How To Clean Eyelash Extensions With Micellar Water
Let’s have a quick look at how to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water. Micellar water is usually used as a face washing solution. You can also use it to clean your eyelash extensions with a gentle, skin-friendly solution.
6 basic steps of how to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water:
- Pour a little amount of micellar water into the palm of your hand,
- Mix the solution with a cosmetic brush until it gets foamy,
- This procedure involves rubbing micellar water onto your extensions. To clean your lashes thoroughly, brush them up and down, then side to side. Up and down brushing can remove makeup from your extensions, while a side-to-side motion can remove eyeliner and other cosmetics,
- Gently splash some water into your eye using the palm of your hand,
- It helps to get rid of makeup. Repeat this procedure until the majority of the makeup has been removed. Following this procedure, a few lashes may fall out of your eye. But you don’t have to worry about your eyelash extensions falling out when you clean them if you’re gentle,
- Make sure you repeat the procedure for the second eye.
Following are the best micellar water products that make your eyelashes cleaning task easy.
This sulfate-free micellar water is the best option for you if you wonder how to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water. This vegan free micellar water product is made without parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, silicone, petroleum & phthalates and cleans your eyelashes without causing any damage.
Lemon is beneficial to the skin, and this combination of lemon and berries reduces the harm of any damage. So use this paraben-free to clean and wash your eyelash extension.
How to clean eyelash extensions? Here is another amazing Cruelty-free micellar water product that will help you clean your eyelashes. So do not forget to add this Apple & Banana Micellar Water to your daily skincare routine.
Want to try some other micellar water? Check this wide range of micellar water to clean eyelash extensions and buy the one that fits your requirements!
2. How To Clean Lash Extension Without Cleanser
If you are wondering how to clean lash extensions without a cleanser, an oil-free makeup remover is the best option.
How to clean lash extensions without cleanser:
- To clean lash extensions, use an oil-free makeup remover,
- Wipe away any debris, makeup residue, dirt, or oils with a soft sweeping motion,
- Most oils will weaken the glue bond between the eyelash extensions and cause them to break off,
- Do not use canola oil, mineral oil, vegetable oil, and coconut oil as they damage the glue. Clogged follicles, weaker stickiness, allergic reactions, and eye infections may happen.
3. How To Wash Eyelash Extension in Shower
- After applying for an extension, avoid showering for 48 hours. Eyelash extensions attach to your eyelids using specific glue. It may take up to two days for this glue to dry properly. Showering or having your extensions wet for the first 48 hours after applying is not advised.
- Showers should keep cool to avoid creating a lot of steam. Steam can help release the glue’s hold on your eyelids. If you’re used to hot, steamy showers, try to lower the temperature, so your extension glue doesn’t weaken every day. Turn on the bathroom fan to clear the steam from your shower faster.
- Instead of using the shower, wash your face in the sink. Your showerhead’s pressure may be too high for eyelash extensions. Spray water on your face with your hands to moisten it. Wash the cleanser off your face, careful not to get it on your eyelashes.
- It is the best way to clean eyelash extensions. To dry your lashes, dab them above and below. When drying your face, avoid pressing the towel directly on your eyelashes. It can remove your extensions. Instead, use a towel to dry the area above and below your eyes. Let your lashes air dry before applying any makeup.
Also read Top 5 Eyeliner Looks & Styles
Have a look at the best-selling lashes and related products here! Pick the one that best suits your requirements and order it today to nail your look!
4. How To Clean Lash Extension Without Lash Shampoo
Are you having doubts about how to clean lash extensions without lash shampoo? Follow the below steps to help you solve your concern about how to clean eyelash extensions:
- Use warm water to wet your lashes,
- Gently massage oil-free, and alcohol-free cleansers into your lashes and eyelids, such as a foaming face cleanser, facial soap, or baby shampoo.
- Concentrate on the lash line, as dirt and bacteria can collect here. Use an up-and-down motion to avoid pulling at your eyelashes,
- Wash well with warm water,
- It’s better if you let them air dry. You can give each eyelash set a 10-second blast of cold air from your hair dryer once in a while, but don’t do it too often,
- Using a clean mascara brush, comb your eyelash extensions.
- How To Clean Eyelash Extension With Baby Shampoo
Do you know how to clean eyelash extensions with baby shampoo? If not, follow these 6 basic steps on how to clean eyelash extensions that can help you clean eyelash extensions.
- Wet your clean eye brush,
- Fill the bowl with a drop of baby shampoo,
- Using the eye brush, slowly add water to the shampoo and mix until you get a foamy consistency,
- It’s almost time to clean your eyelash extensions. Scrub and go over your eyelash extensions lightly with the same eye brush,
- It’s now time to remove the shampoo from your eyelashes. Start at the bottom of your eyelid and remove all shampoo,
- You can clean your eyelashes with your fingers over the sink or with a clean, soft towel,
- Start brushing off your eyelash extensions with a clean brush.
If you think a shampoo is not the best choice for you, use micellar products instead! That’s the best alternative you can have. Check the collection and order the one for yourself today!
6. How To Clean Eyelash Glue Off Lashes
How to clean eyelash glue off lashes is a common question among girls. So I recommend the hot shower technique.
- You start by removing all of your makeup, including eye makeup, but not your eyelashes.
- Then you pour hot water into a huge bowl and lie against it, letting the steam escape your eyes.
- Remove any stubborn dirt particles or bacteria not removed during your makeup removal process and soften the eyelash glue.
- Just don’t open your eyes while you’re doing it.
- Close your eyes for 5-10 minutes to be on the safe side.
How Often To Clean Eyelash Extensions
Here is how often to clean eyelash extensions? If your eyelids are oily, you should clean your lash extensions daily.
If your lashes aren’t irritating you, clean them two or three times a week. When you do physical activities like swimming or going to the gym, you must clean your lash extensions afterwards.
Within 48 hours of treatment, these extensions should not be wet. These extensions cure and become waterproof over time. Oil, salt, sweat, and chlorine will cause problems with the glue that puts your lash extensions in position.
Check out customers’ top-rated Micellar water products here and make it easy to clean your eyelash extensions! Buy your favorite one today, without any delay!
Maintain Your Lash Extension
If you don’t clean your lash extensions as often as you should, buildups will shape your extensions, which is the main factor affecting the health and growth of your natural lashes.
But how to clean eyelash extensions? Maintain a good cleaning routine for a lash extension that is attractive, fluffy, and long-lasting. I assure you your lash extensions will last a lifetime if you use dedicated techniques.
FAQS for How to Clean Eyelash Extension
Can you clean eyelash extensions with micellar water?
Yes, you can clean eyelash extensions with micellar water, but if you don’t know how to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water; follow above mentioned basic steps to clean your extensions with micellar water.
How to clean eyelash extensions at home?
You can use gentle, oil-free, and alcohol-free cleansers like foaming face cleanser, facial soap, or baby shampoo to clean your eyelash extension at home.
Can I use baby shampoo to clean my eyelash extensions?
Yes, the baby shampoo contains less oil, so you can use baby shampoo to clean your eyelash extensions.
How often to clean eyelash extensions?
I recommend you clean your eyelash extension at least 2 – 3 times a week.
How to wash eyelash extensions in the shower?
Fill a foam pump bottle halfway with purified water, then add a tablespoon of baby shampoo and a teaspoon of baking soda. Apply this during your shower time.